Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Bun

This is a twist on the normal bun my hair is thrown up into. I've been trying to wash my hair less lately, to allow some of the natural oils to come back so I've been needing to improvise on how to style it. I'm also messing around with shampoos and such, got rid of all my sulfate ridden ones, (more on that later) but that's another post. For now, a bun!

First I put a little dry shampoo around my hairline, just to get rid of any excess oil. I brush it through and put a little spray into it, not much. Now, my hair turns into a total fro when I brush it out, so I'll spare you that picture, and skip straight to the point.

Once I've brushed it out, I flip my head, and do a french braid on the backside of my head. This just adds a little something to the bun that's cool to see from the back. Then I gather it all up on top of my head and put it into a messy bun. Everyone has their own way of doing this, so mess around with the bun till you like it.

I like to finish with a scarf sometimes. It adds a little something and it also covers a multitude of frizzy sins :P

This is it from the back, you can see the braid!

Then from the front.

4 comments: